Aside from visiting the many monuments and landmarks, tasting delectable local cuisine, and shopping in some of the biggest shopping complexes, swimming in Surabaya is another activity to do in the East Java capital. There are a number of water parks in the city but the most notable one is the Ciputra Waterpark.
The Ciputra Waterpark is the largest water park attraction in Indonesia that is built on a 5 hectare piece of land. The water park’s theme is inspired by the adventures of Sinbad and uses some of the most modern types of water park technology. Kids are extremely fond of the towers of Sinbad’s playground as a giant water drum is ready to drop about 3,000 liters of water to its guests. Its wide Syracuse Beach then takes its visitors seemingly right at the edge of the sea as waves and waves of water keep rushing in. For a more relaxing day in the water, the water park’s 480-meter artificial river called the Sirens River will be more than enough to take you along for the ride. But for the ultimate test of courage, make sure to climb up the Roc Tower and come down with a big slippery and sliding splash.
Amidst all the fun, swimming may come with its share of accidents that can cause serious injury or even death to children in the worst situations. Even if the children know how to swim, parents should still be wary as accidents still do occur. Here are some of the basic safety precautions to follow when it comes to swimming in Surabaya or anywhere else.
- Never allow your companions to swim alone without supervision. Water parks in Surabaya may get crowded at times, especially during the peak season. Common occurrences include cramps underwater or slipping and falling, especially when a person is running around the park. Make sure to keep an eye on your child and your companions.
- Be wary of the area you’re in and make sure your surroundings are supervised by lifeguards before you enter the water.
- Read posted signs and follow the rules. There is a reason why warnings are there, which is to save you from potential accidents. Follow directions for your own safety.
- When you go from one part of a pool to another, know that the water depth may be different so be careful where you step as the next attraction may be different from you think.
- When it comes to water slides, make sure to get in the correct position with your face up and feet first. This is the safest way to go down the slides so make sure you follow as instructed.
With the high temperatures of Surabaya, swimming is but a requirement when visiting the city. Swimming in Surabaya offers some of the best adventures of the city because of the Ciputra waterpark alone. Remember that following rules and guides is the way to ensure a safe and pleasant trip, so you should not commit violations if you are truly serious about having the best vacation possible.