Golfing has become increasingly popular in Indonesia, most especially in the city of Surabaya. Golf in Surabaya typically revolves around a clean and cool climate with panoramic views of the surrounding countryside from every direction. Here is but a glimpse of the good variety of golf courses found in Surabaya City.
- Bukit Darmo Golf - Designed by Jack Nicklaus II, the Bukit Darmo Golf or BDG is a well-visited golf course that relies on Aquatic Driving Range Facilities giving it the best kind of services for golfers. This unique driving range offers lake views like no other with different challenges to the game. In addition, staff hospitality is one of its prime features, which is why a steady supply of clients keep pouring in.
- Ciputra Golf – The Ciputra Golf Course makes up 125 hectares of land, making it the biggest golf course in East Java. There are 27 holes that are formed in three different designs: the dale, lake and hill. This famous golf course was built in 1995 and was design by internationally renowned golf course designer Andy Dye. It is located about 15 minutes from the city’s business center and just 30 minutes away from the Juana Airport.
- Yani Golf Club – With 60 hectares and 18 holes, the Yani Golf Club is one of the first golf courses in Surabaya with about 700 members. The Yani Golf Course was designed by Professor Erich Kremmer and has existed for more than 100 years. It went through a serious reforestation period in 1970 which turned the once grassy fields into a beautiful golf grove.
- Golf Graha Family – This golf club is one of the best golf courses in Surabaya that reside in the city’s elite area. With its 89 bunkers and 6 lakes, this golf course provides a unique challenge to all golfers that will surely excite even the most expert ones.
- Finna Golf and Country Club - Nature itself has paved the way for the Finna Golf Club to have a superb setting. Designed by acclaimed golf architects, Peter Thomson, Michael Wolveridge and Ross Perret, this golf course is set in the rolling foothills of an outstanding natural beauty of the environment. Golfers will then be surrounded by the best of what the countryside has to offer from every hole. Not only that, golfers will experience a wide range of interesting playing conditions throughout the course.
- The Taman Dayu Club – Similar to the Bukit Darmo Golf Course, the Taman Dayu Club is also designed by the acclaimed Jack Nicklaus. Opened in 1995, this golf club is a family-friendly recreational center found in the lush base hills of Mount Welirang. The course is actually part of a resort of 600 hectares with residential homes, health spas, a water park, banquet and meeting facilities and mountain and forest adventure activities.
Many travelers of the city have sworn that Surabaya has some of the best golf courses in the region. So whether you play for fun or are a serious golf enthusiast, golf in Surabaya offers golf courses, facilities, services and an experience like no other.